Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wildflower By: Alecia Whitaker (WoW #4)

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

This week, my Waiting on Wednesday goes to Wildflower by Alecia Whitaker! After falling for The Queen of Kentucky, I don't know how much more my little YA contemporary loving heart can take.

 
Title: Wildflower
Author: Alecia Whitaker
Shelves: Young Adult, Contemporary
Publication Date: July 1st, 2014
Publishing Company: Poppy 


Summary from Goodreads:
The best songs come from broken hearts.

Sixteen-year-old Bird Barrett has grown up on the road, singing backup in her family's bluegrass band, and playing everywhere from Nashville, Tennesee to Nowhere, Oklahoma. One fateful night, Bird fills in for her dad by singing lead, and a scout in the audience offers her a spotlight all her own.

Soon Bird is caught up in a whirlwind of songwriting meetings, recording sessions, and music video shoots. Her first single hits the top twenty, and suddenly fans and paparazzi are around every corner. She's even caught the eye of her longtime crush, fellow roving musician Adam Dean. With Bird's star on the rise, though, tradition and ambition collide. Can Bird break out while staying true to her roots?

In a world of glamour and gold records, a young country music star finds her voice.

Reasons why I cannot wait for this book:
1) THE AUTHOR: Alecia Whitaker absolutely astounded me with The Queen of Kentucky. It is one of my favorite books in the world, and I read it about 7 times and wouldn't give it back to the library for three months. Imagine how EXCITED I was when I found out that Alecia has another upcoming book! I have high expectations for Wildflower and I don't believe Alecia will disappoint.
2) THE PLOT: Oh how I love country romances. Also being a musical person, I am naturally drawn to books about aspiring musicians like bees to honey. 
3) THE GENERAL AWESOMENESS: Love the cover, love the summary, love the author. Enough said.

Umm once the ARCs are released, I will BATTLE for an arc of this book. I WILL BATTLE. And I won't give up until I have read and inhaled it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh sounds good! It kinda sounds like part of the Nashville show :)
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete