Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fire With Fire (Burn for Burn #2) By: Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Title: Fire With Fire (Burn for Burn #2)
Author: Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Shelves: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Supernatural
Recommended for Fans Of: Kiersten White, Sara Shepard

Synopsis: Lilia, Kat and Mary are back in the heart-racing sequel to the highly praised novel Burn for Burn. Homecoming has ended, and the girls seem to have gotten away with their unforgivable deed. The three of them are ready to put this all in the past, but some people just aren't ready to let go... Now Mary is determined to strike her last revenge on Reeve, as they come up with the ultimate plan. Make Reeve fall in love with Lilia... and then break his heart, just like he broke Mary's heart all those years ago. In Fire With Fire, secrets come out that should not be told, friendships are tested, dangerous lines are crossed, and everyone gets burned. Welcome to Jar Island, where love and betrayal are one and the same. 

Review: *Insert slow clap here* Brilliant. Just brilliant. Fire With Fire was amazing.  A messy, chaotic story that will spin you for a ride and then leave you wanting more. The plot line was flawless, save for the tiny little bit at the end- the cliffhanger. At this point, most of the story is in wonderful chaos. Each character is dealing with his/her own thing, and then BOOM! In comes sweet little Mary, with that crazy, confusing revelation. Whether or not this was done intentionally, I was still left confused and wanting more. For those who have read this book, you will understand how wonderfully dynamic each of these characters were. Even though I really hated Kat (she was the most ungrateful and snarky brat in the world) and I really did not like the idea of Lilia with anyone besides Alex, I was fond of each character because they all felt so real, even Rennie. I love books where you feel like you could meet the person in real life and because you read about them, you'd know so much right away.

Conclusion: A suspenseful, heart-stopping, emotion jumping, high octane sequel. A truly well written book that I believe everyone should read. I honestly could not put this book down.

" An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a burn for a burn. A life for a life."
Mary's not as sweet as we first though huh?

Happy Reading!
xoxo,
Fiction_TheNewReality

3 comments:

  1. I just finished Burn for Burn and I am immediately jumping into this one because I loved the first and I am ready for more of this delicious drama! Thank you for your review. I am even more excited about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! I really liked the first book and have this one on my shelf waiting for me to read. I'm even more eager now that I've read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the first book but I'm waiting or the second. I'm so eager after reading the review

    ReplyDelete